About The Swan Hotel & Pub

We know what good means

A Brief History of the Swan:

The Swan Hotel or Inn dates back to 1668 as evidenced by the carved stone above the Warwick Road entrance door. Formerly known as the White Swan and Posting Hotel it was likely to have been a commercial coaching inn through the 18th and early 19th centuries and had stabling for 20 or so horses. Stage coaches from Kidderminster and Stratford-upon-Avon enroute for London are known to have regularly passed through the village in the 18th Century.

It has always been a meeting place for local organisations, businesses and societies. In 1682 it was used to house a "Visitation" by the Herald's College who were conducting a survey of arms and family descent in the Midlands. In 1849 it was described as "an old established and well accustomed Commercial Inn and Excise Office" and was also used for Petty Sessions Court from the late 17th to well into the 19th century.

During World War II the upstairs function room was utilised as a small factory where local women assembled aircraft instruments for the Lucas company. More recently it is understood to have been famous in the 1960's during the Profumo/Keeler affair. Apparently Mandy Rice-Davis stayed here.

 

Make a reservation

Want a table? Just let us know!
01926 640664

Book a table!